Thursday 21 December 2017

Molly Adventures Part 9 (Brisbane)

We were back in Brisbane for a few days before Molly was due to leave, so there was still a chance to get some eating done! Wednesday morning, we had a little sleep in and I went off to yoga while Molly caught up on some things before we went out for lunch. We went to The Green Edge, to experience their cafe and also so Molly could enjoy Brisbane's first ever vegan shop (you can see my other visits here. Molly was keen on trying the Mega Matcha Burger, which I had eaten at a previous visit and posted on Instagram.

Mega Matcha Burger at The Green Edge


I had a Skin Brightener juice (apple, beetroot, carrot, spinach, parsley) to rehydrate after yoga, and to eat I picked the Cheesy Gnocchi with Crispy Sausage off the specials board. This was so yummy, and so saucy that I asked for a spoon so as not to miss any of it!

Skin Brightening Juice at The Green Edge


Cheesy Gnocchi with Crispy Sausage at The Green Edge


Afterwards we went to Ciao Gelato for more vegan ice cream! I had been there once before and was excited to go back. I got a double scoop, with peanut butter chocolate chip on the bottom and acai pomegranate on the top. The acai pomegranate ended up being my favourite, it was so refreshing. Kind of reminded me of a berry pear mix. All on a vegan-friendly dark chocolate dipped waffle cone, of course.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Acai Pomegranate at Ciao Gelato


That night, after a big lunch and several days of overindulging in Melbourne, we kept dinner super simple. Molly had a few leftover bits and pieces she needed to eat up, and I just made myself a bowl of stir-fried green and rice.

Bowl of greens and rice


The next day was a very important day. It was YUM CHA DAY! I normally work every Thursday, and Thursday is the cheap yum cha day at Easy House, my favourite place! We started with some Steamed BBQ Pork Buns and some BBQ Pork Pastry Buns.

BBQ Pork Buns and Steamed BBQ Pork Buns at Easy House


Then my beloved Steamed Beancurd Rolls and some Coriander Dumplings (my favourite dumpling flavour).

Steamed Bean Curd Rolls and Chinese Coriander Steamed Dumplings at Easy House


Some Dim Sims and my precious Radish Cakes.

Radish Cakes and Dim Sims at Easy House


Sesame Rolls and Mushroom Dumplings.

Sesame Rolls and Steamed Mushroom Dumpings at Easy House


And finally some sweet Steamed Custard Buns.

Steamed Custard Buns at Easy House


And of course no trip to Easy House is complete without stopping off at Flour of Life on the way home to pick up a box of vegan baked goodies! My box included a Vegemite Scroll, Apple & Rhubarb Crumble, Berry Danish, and my favourite Strawberry Flan. You can see my other visits to Easy House and Flour of Life here.

Vegemite Scroll, Strawberry Flan, Apple & Rhubarb Crumble, Berry Danish from Flour of Life


After spending some time at home resting and digesting, we went out for dinner to my favourite Thai place, Khot Thai, which has lots of vegan options (see what else I've ordered here). We started off by sharing some samosas and the excellent fried tofu with peanut sauce.

Samosas and Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce from Khot Thai


And also refreshed ourselves with some coconut juice.

Coconut Juice from Khot Thai


Of course I ordered the Pad See Ew, my favourite Thai dish and one of my favourite dishes in general! Their one is very good. And Molly got the yellow curry. We shared, though I just had a bit of curry and stuck mainly to my Pad See Ew. Even when asked for mild, sometimes the yellow curry can be a little on the too spicy for me side, and this was one of those days.

Pad See Ew from Khot Thai


Yellow Curry from Khot Thai


This is the penultimate post of this series, I have been pushing through to get it done by Christmas. Final post to come soon!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Momo


Remember Leigh's cat Momo in Melbourne? She loves a tummy rub! Here she is lying on her back, enjoying a nice belleh massage. What a cutie.

4 comments:

  1. All those buns have me wanting dumplings sooo bad!
    I want you to be my food tour guide, you guys are having some delicious food!
    I love to give kitty belly massages!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum cha is the best! I think a lot of steamed dumplings are gluten free as well. Would love to take you places!

      Delete
  2. The cheesy gnocchi and sausage sounds so good! And yay for yum cha! :D
    Momo is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a cutie. So much belleh to rub as well!

      Delete