Sunday 13 March 2016

Eating Out: Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park

Yes, more Charlie's. Though this post combines two visits into one.

I was feeling under the weather one day, so I picked up this Belly Buster juice (celery, carrot, ginger, apple, lemon, $7 for large) and asked for extra ginger. It was OK, though not gingery enough! A nice combination, though.

Belly Buster Juice from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


I also got this Snickers Bowl (banana, date, cocao, peanuts, coconut water, $15 for large), which was really nice! Not really enough peanut to warrant calling it a Snickers, though.

Snickers Bowl from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


And, of course, a cinnamon roll!

Cinnayum Cinnamon Scroll from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


About a week later, I visited again for a smoothie and bowl combo for lunch. They had free toppings for smoothies that day, so I got the Incan Warrior Smoothie (almond milk, banana, vanilla, maca, peanut butter, $10 for large). It was quite thick and a bit earthy from the maca. The toppings were fun, though definitely require a spoon!

Incan Warrior Smoothie from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


And I got the very pretty in pink Dragon Bowl (red dragonfruit, banana, strawberry, goji berries, coconut chips, coconut water, $15 for large). It looks ridiculous because they forgot it was for takeaway (again) and ended up having to smoosh a lid on it and it overflowed everywhere! Thankfully, being a fruit shop, I was able to snaffle a plastic bag from that part of the store so it didn't go all over my car floor when I was driving away.

Dragon Bowl from Charlie's Raw Squeeze Everton Park


Charlie's Raw Squeeze at Charlie's Fruit Market - 473 South Pine Road, Everton Park, Brisbane - 3855 3966

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Clinic cats


Some clinic kitties hanging out on their scratching post.

10 comments:

  1. The dragon bowl is so beautiful! Cute kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a couple of cool kitties. :)

      Delete
  2. The Snickers bowl looks really good, and I love how colorful the Dragon bowl is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to work in food service and I remember doing that all the time.... or rather it was more that no one told us things were for take away and then suddenly we would have people asking for lids. So many smooshed nice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit messy, but thankfully appearance makes no difference to taste. ;)

      Delete
  4. Yum! I got a smoothie bowl cookbook in the mail today for review. I really need to get on the smoothie bowl bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess all these bowls really are smoothie bowls, especially when they warm up a bit! I make heaps of smoothies at home, but have never thought to make a bowl.

      Delete
  5. Your clinic has a scratching post? That's pretty adorable.

    I wish I lived near a place like Charlie's. We don't really have anything like that around here. That Snickers Bowl looks quite good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those boys are part of our adult cat colony, so they have their own run with many scratching posts!

      Charlie's is a place I think you'd really like.

      Delete