Thursday 26 November 2015

Midweek Munchies

Time for another MidWeek Munchies! If you'd like to join in, head on over to My Blissful Journey and link up with you've been snacking on.

Last week I had a meeting with my research supervisor, and I went straight from bikram yoga class to the meeting (after a shower of course). I knew I would be pretty hungry, and didn't feel like driving out of the way to find some food on the way to her place, so I packed myself this little snack box. Two mini tortillas rolled up with Vegemite, nooch and cashew sour cream, some grape tomatoes and some dried apple slices (which are one of my favourite quick snacks), plus a chilled thermos full of green smoothie.

Midweek Munchies


Speaking of green smoothies, I recently got my very own Froothie Optimum 9200A, which is super exciting! My old Breville blender was completely useless and frustrating, I love my new super blender!

Midweek Munchies


I have come into possession of some nice chocolate over the last several weeks. So far I have only had the Whittaker's Peppermint block, which my dad gave me for my birthday. Normally I am not a huge fan of mint chocolate, because it tastes like toothpaste. However this has regular chocolate but inside each square is a delicious peppermint cream and it is SO good! I ate it very quickly. The Mandarin and Ginger one, which I bought in Melbourne, is also nice. Subtle citrus notes with a spicy ginger kick!

Midweek Munchies


Spring has more than sprung, and we are practically in summer. Which means lots of yummy fruits are now in seasons. Like blueberries, apricots, and grape tomatoes. OK, the tomatoes are available year round but they are better in summer. And blueberries are also available year round but I refuse to pay $7 for a tiny punnet in the middle of winter.

Midweek Munchies


Speaking of summer approaching and hot days, how good is watermelon? It is the best!

Midweek Munchies


I am looking forward to seeing what other people have been munching on!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara in her bed


Sahara in her basket with her ladybug. She has a bit of bed head here.

14 comments:

  1. I love your little snack box. Seed and Bean chocolate is great. If you ever see my fave the smoked Cornish Seasalt flavour grab some! I've had some Whittakers sent to me before from Australia and I remember it being really good choc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep an eye out! I love salted chocolate. I think the only place I have seen it is at Smith & Deli in Melbourne, but hopefully I can find some closer to home.

      Delete
  2. Sahara has that sleepy one eyed look! Adorable. That watermelon is so bright and vibrant. Enjoy spring, (my favorite season)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon is definitely a highlight of the hot weather! I love the colour as well.

      Delete
  3. I loooove summer fruit. Looking forward to making a cacao date almond milk smoothie in the morning though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove summer fruit. Looking forward to making a cacao date almond milk smoothie in the morning though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peppermint chocolate sounds amazing! Love all the fruit, especially the watermelon! And that is just the cutest expression on Sahara's face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a cutie. :D
      The peppermint chocolate is out of this world.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE my Optimum Blender! It is so great for cashew cream, and smoothies of course. Mmm - summer fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with mine! I think you got yours when we were testing for Greenilicious? Such a good investment.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE my Optimum Blender! It is so great for cashew cream, and smoothies of course. Mmm - summer fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lunch container is so cute! Your wraps sound delicious.
    I love that Seed & Bean chocolate - I wish they sold it over here in North America. I tried some while I was traveling in Europe over the summer and it is so tasty!
    "Normally I am not a huge fan of mint chocolate, because it tastes like toothpaste."
    How are we friends??? just kidding ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. For me mint and chocolate can go together but have to still be separate. Like if the mint flavour is mixed all through the chocolate that equals toothpaste in chocolate. But if they are two seaparate components then that is OK. If you like mint chocolate you come visit and we can eat Minton biscuits. :)

      Delete