Monday 17 August 2015

Recipe Round-Up: 1000 Vegan Recipes

Back to some recipe round-ups before MoFo begins. I don't think I will ever run out of recipe round-up posts!

Can you believe that I have only made one new recipe from this book in the last year? I know! However as I still have a huge backlog of photos to share, I still have enough for many more posts before I run out. Still, I'd better get cracking on it again, percentage goals and all of that! I save photos according to their page number, so everything I have uploaded today comes from the salad chapter!

Retro Potato Salad Redux: This is a delicious, creamy potato salad, that is indeed very retro. Celery, pickle relish and a tangy mayo dressing combine with creamy cooked potatoes for something that will win over anyone missing the potato salad of their past.
Rating: :D

Retro Potato Salad Redux


Three-Alarm Potato Salad: As you may be aware, I don't have a strong chili tolerance these days, so I dialed the alarms way back on this. I used one small mild green chili instead of a hot one, and some mild salsa instead of hot salsa, and of course I left out the capsicum all together but replaced it with some grated carrot.
Rating: :)

Three-Alarm Potato Salad


Potato and White Bean Salad with 'Roasted Red Peppers': Of course there are no roasted red peppers in this photo. I used some rehydrated and rinsed sundried tomatoes here instead. The recipe calls for cooking the potatoes for half an hour, but mine were done after 20 minutes.
Rating: :)

Potato and White Bean Salad with 'Roasted Red Peppers'


Potato Salad with Seitan Strips and Tarragon-Mustard Vinaigrette: This salad is pretty awesome, with nice and chewy seitan strips in a tangy dressing. I served this over salad greens, and I got three yummy lunches out of it.
Rating: :)

Potato Salad with Seitan Strips and Tarragon-Mustard Vinaigrette


White Bean Salad with Fennel and Avocado: This is a very refreshing salad, with creamy beans, crunchy fennel and soothing avocado in a pretty zesty dressing. I got 2-3 servings out of this.
Rating> :)

White Bean Salad with Fennel and Avocado


Warm Lentil Salad with Walnuts: This salad is as tasty as it is pretty. I used grated carrot instead of capsicum and a lightly sauteed the red onions because I don't really like raw onion. Serve over brown rice and salad leaves.
Rating: :)

Warm Lentil Salad with Walnuts


Southwestern Three Bean Salad: The tomato dressing on this salad is very fresh and makes for a great summery salad. I used greated carrot instead of capsicum, of course. It has a mix of three beans - pinto, kidney and black beans. The avocado is optional, but we all know that avocado is actually mandatory.
Rating: :)

Southwestern Three-Bean Salad


Black Bean and Corn Salad with Cilantro Dressing: I am a big fan of the black bean and corn combination. The recipe calls for a tin of mild green chiles, but we don't really have those easily available here (and I would have only used part of it anyway).
Rating: :)

Black Bean and Corn Salad with Cilantro Dressing


Curried Walnut 'Chicken' Salad: Seitan and walnuts give this salad a meaty but slightly crunchy texture. The dressing is a curried mix of soy yoghurt and mayo. Carrots, cekery, green onions and golden raisins are also part of this. Served over lots of soft lettuce.
Rating: :)

Curried Walnut "Chicken" Salad


Rice Salad with Cashews and Dried Papaya: This is a sweet salad that is great served over greens. Brown rice, cashews and dried papaya is coated in a sweet lime dressing.
Rating: :)

Rice Salad with Cashews and Dried Papaya


(% 1000 Vegan Recipes blogged: 26.1%)

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Zeno


Of course I took more than two photos of Zeno when I was in Seattle, so I thought I would share them with you over my next few posts. Here he is looking handsome. He does that all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Zeno is very handsome indeed. Those long whiskers! <3

    So many potato salads! I want them all! The lentil salad with walnuts looks really good too. Onions must always be cooked, right? Right.

    ReplyDelete