Monday 30 August 2010

Sahara turns NINE!

It's so hard when your babies grow up. Saturday the 28th of August is my little Sahara's birthday, and this year she turned NINE! And she's my youngest! I can't believe how quickly time goes by. It seems like just yesterday that an 18 month old Sahara came into my life, and my brain always considers her to be that age, forever. Unfortunately I had a plane to catch the morning of her birthday (more on that later) so I only had a few hours with her, but my parents made the rest of her birthday super special and took lots of photos for me.


We started her birthday with some Greenie's in bed! I keep a packet in my bedside draw, and every time I think about opening it she materialises like magic! So on this particular morning I risked spoiling her appetite for breakfast with a pre-breakfast crunch and snorgle.


Sahara enjoying a birthday sunbake.


With her birthday present - this cat has a lot of toys!


Look how very cute she is!


If there is one thing that makes her very excited, it is steamed broccoli! Here is a picture of her nomming into a special birthday bowl!


Again, looking cute. She is very good at that!


Go away and stop taking photos of me! It's sleepy time!

Happy birthday beautiful red girl. I will love you for eternity.

Food Picture of the Post


It's a flipped around post today, so here is a single food photo to end it on! My friend had her birthday a few weeks ago, and when I asked her what sort of cake she would like she said strawberry shortcake. I made this recipe, from Now Vegan by Lynda Stoner. I had to bake the cake about ten or fifteen minutes longer than she said in the book. Once you bake the shortcake, you cut it in half. The recipe then calls for strawberry jam and fresh strawberries to be layered in the middle. I also added a thick layer of Macadamia Creme from Vegan With A Vengeance, because I always thought strawberry shortcake was meant to have a creamy layer. Anyway, it was an awesome addition. The cake was very cute, and really nice. I wisely chose to take to work in bits and assemble it there, because after sitting for too long it goes a bit smooshy.

Coming up next, my Sydney adventures and my vegan bake sale experience!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sahara! Looks like she was spoilt and had a lovely day full of treats! I love that she loves broccoli, so does Myena!

    And yum, I love that strawberry shortcake! I agree it should have cream in it, otherwise it's just jammy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Happy Birthday Sahara! I love all the pictures of her, so cute! I don't know how old my cat is or when his birthday is. I've been meaning to pick a random day and make that his birthday. They really do grow up so fast : ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what an adorable kitteh! Happy birthdaySahara! I love the reverse post with all kitty pictures and a food photo of the day! The strawberry shortcake looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just catching up on my blogs, I missed her birthday! Happy Birthday Sahara!!! Such a beautiful girl. Looks like she had a very special birthday!

    ReplyDelete