Monday 19 October 2009

VeganMoFo #13: Short and sweet.

A really short post tonight. I am exhausted, but if I don't make a post tonight I won't make my 20 MoFo post goal! So even though I technically have time for a longer post, a super short post is all I have time for. Sometimes it is like that with cooking. You want something delicious, you have the time to make something, but you just don't have the energy.


This is a recipe for one of those days! It takes about an hour and a half to cook, but there is actually pretty much no effort involved. Your oven does all the work for you. It is Wendy's Lentil and Brown Rice Casserole from La Dolce Vegan. Just mix together lentils, rice, onion, stock, tinned tomatoes and herbs in your casserole dish and pop in the oven. Towards the end you sprinkle on the cheeze until it gets melty, and that is about the extent of your involvement. Anyone can handle that much effort, and it is made from things that most of us have on hand all the time (well, maybe not the cheeze, but you could omit or make some cheezy sauce if you get a little energy burst). And the result is delicious! Here it is served with some salty sauteed broccolini - one of my favourite sides!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

It is my lovely Gizmo, snorgling up to her cat nip heart. I bought her this for her birthday last year and she loves it! It is premium super strength cat nip and she goes crazy for it. She spends a lot of time just lying with it as a pillow, rubbing her head over it, sniffing it and licking it. It says 'Lick Me,Kick Me, Bunnykick Me' on it. It was so popular with all the cats that I bought another one that says 'Can't Break This Heart'.

And now... slumber. Off to work a 24 hour shift tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I regularly have those kinds of nights. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever noticed that recipe, but I'll have to bookmark it for one of the days that I don't feel like cooking much. It looks like the perfect meal for when I'm home alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm that casserole looks fantastic! Real comfort foody!!

    Awww catnipped out kitty's are too cute! Toby goes out the back (we have a few plants of it) and sniffs and picks at the leaves then spends the next 10 minutes haring around the backyard meowing like crazy before collapsing in a heap for a nap. Funny little furry stoner :P

    ReplyDelete